Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name...

WOW.  I have utter Glastonbury blues, I want to grow my hair really long, bin my shoes and live in that field for the rest of my life.  Seriously, that was incredible.

The rush of excitement I got pulling up to those gates was insane.  I never thought I'd be looking forward to sleeping in a field and not showering for 5 days so much in my life.  But honestly I was.  There is just so much to see and do, there is no way you could possibly manage to fit it all in, in one week.


Me and my lovely Liam on the first night.  That lanky poser in the blue Adidas is my brother. 

The highlight for me was seeing The Rolling Stones, I am a 60's fanatic after all.  I always knew they'd put on an incredible show, but I never realised I would be completely spell bound and starstruck.  I got tingles just seeing them in front of me.  I had to take a step back and think, that's The Rolling Stones standing right there, and I have a little crush on Ronnie Wood (I know, I know) so I was extra excited. They've still got it, they really have.
The Rolling Stones at Glastonbury 2013: Photo credited to The Guardian. 

The best part of their show for me, was when Mick Jagger came back on stage in an enormous black feather coat to sing Sympathy for the devil,  One he looked cool as .... and two an enormous mechanical Phoenix rose from the top of the pyramid stage shooting fire and dancing along with Jagger himself, wow.

I even ventured to Arcadia to watch Fat Boy Slim, something I never thought would be my cup of tea, but it was great!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkXIYgsvO0c

I cannot wait for next year...but someone please tell me, how do I cure my post-glasto blues?

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you had an amazing time! The only way to cure your post Glasto blues is to get yourself to another festival or book a holiday somewhere hot lol :) New follower here, I'd love it if you could check out mine if you get chance? x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha good advice will 100 percent be booking myself a hot holiday!!

    Thanks so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, looks like a really fun time! Thanks for sharing!

    BTW, I've got an Etude house giveaway going on, if you're interested! C: Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete