Wednesday, May 29, 2013

When that shark bites with his teeth, dear

So I never did get around to posting the rest of my Q&A with Zane Lowe, Professor Green and Pure Love...my previous was a little long and I wanted to give you all the chance to embrace the words, ha.  I've decided to do things a little bit differently and wrap up everything I found out.

So have you seen the add...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Bsz4hUzU5Jg

Like I mentioned in my post prior to the Q&A write up, the event was held to release the new Relentless Energy drink TV ad featuring the acts.  I found a version online and I think you all should take a peak.


The add was filmed in stages in both London and New York.  It starts with Pure Love front man Frank Carter standing in front of the iconic painting of St. Sebastian in the National Gallery.

The ad was directed by Ross Cairns and takes the viewer on an exploration of 'Why Music Matters'.  The video follows the process of creating their music. The ad marks the beginning of a year of collaboration between Relentless and the artists.  



Each artist had nothing but good things though say when discussing Relentless and their team, and it seems each will continue to work for the company in the future, with a band of various events set up throughout the year...will you be attending any?

Here are a few little extras I pulled out from the Q&A that made me happy: 

Frank Pure Love: Relentless have never once asked us to change how we are or how we write, all they wanted to do was dub the process, which is the hardest thing to do, no one should ever see that.  It's the worst bit.


Zane Lowe: Why would you deliberately choose to play music you don't like just so you can make yourself look well rounded. It's up to my family to make the decision as far as everyone listening is concerned, lets just shout about the good shit.


Professor Green: Playing to 75,000 scallys who were all Stone Roses fans, I was lucky enough to be personally invited to play that support slot I come out and there were as many geers as there was cheers...Someone shouted something out, I stopped everything and shouted there's always one C*** isn't there...

What do you think about the add...why does music matter to you?


2 comments:

  1. nice blog!
    follow for follow??
    my blog is http://rainingfashionxo.blogspot.co.uk/
    :) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attractive blog, well designed, well done, with nice stories. wish you all the best mine is http://plamerze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete