Saturday, April 27, 2013

When your questions go unanswered, and the silence is killing you

What a week!  This week has more than made up for the adequate amount of rest I had last week.

I hit London on Wednesday, and took the tube for the first time on my own (gulp), everything was going smoothly, until the entire Piccadilly line was suspended, but all was well and I was only an hour and a half late, ha.

I spent the evening prepping for a Nolcha private shopping event in a boutique in Parsons Green called Maniamia.  The event featured three New York designers, Danilo Gabrielli (double whammy for me), Tess Johnson and Junwong.  Then literally chilled all evening/night with dinner and a few drinks, did I mention I love my job and my team!?  Chilled, with the exception of the fire alarms going off at 2am and us running around trying to decide if we had to evacuate, thank god we didn't.


The private event at Maniamia was such a success, from 12-6 we had a load of editors and very exciting people coming in to chat and look at the collections, including the lovely Saffron Sprackling.  I even had the chance to chat about my future...always a good sign right?  The evening was focused around consumers, and as always everyone loved the collections!


Friday night I was lucky enough to have a private interview with Chris Helme of The Seahorses last night at The Best Western Hotel in Corby, and I can honestly say it was a privilege   It was my first ever interview and I could not have asked for a kinder, more understandable person.  I wanted to keep it informal, we literally chatted about everything, nothing formal and no pressuring questions!  Chris is amazing!  I also had a chat with local band My First Radio, who are also incredible.

Check out my new 'A moment with...' page to see my chat with Chris Helme, apologising in advanced

8 comments:

  1. Hi dear!! Thanks for visiting my blog! :-*
    I'm following you via bloglovin & gfc! ;-)

    http://gardeninshadow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow sounds like you had a great time. I love London! X

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems you had a great time!
    What about following each other through GFC and Bloglovin? Just let me know!
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm now following yours, your job sounds amazing and so exciting!

    grannygee.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete