Tuesday, April 23, 2013

'Cause everybody knows, The things she does to please

I have had such a chilled week!  HEAVEN.  In relation to my last post, I have been doing LOTS of research on SS13 fashion trends for Nolcha Fashion Week, as sort of a runway rewind.

Anyway so I watched the Factory Girl yesterday, I've watched it once before, but I was so young it meant nothing to me.  It suddenly occured to me, girls at the moment, whether they know it or not, are idolising Edie Sedgwick.  Even myself, with  a sleevless turtle neck and fur coat.  I had no idea, the thought never crossed my mind the fashion resemblence was one almost uncanny to Edie's style herself, minus the leotard on my part.  I havent wore once since I gave up ballet classes a million years ago.  Not that this is wrong, she is an utter style icon, it just shocked me.  I also discovered Andy Warhol was entirely more twisted, and hideous than I could have imagined, but he made art right...so he's cool...?


I even had time to make a cheese cake, my first ever cheese cake.  It made me feel all Springy and lemony inside, lemon is so refreshing.
Anyway, I am off to London to do some work for Nolcha and Danilo Gabrielli tomorrow until Thursday, I will let you know ALL about it, it will be much more interesting.  Friday I have the Chris Heleme gig, going to try snap some cheeky photos and hope to have a quick Q/A chat with him ( Please? ).

There are still a couple of tickets let, try and grab them! http://www.wegottickets.com/event/217940 Hopefully I will see you there!


A 'tribute' to Edie on the request of Andy Warhol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8IV6lJSm1c

1 comment:

  1. you have a lovely blog, dear=)
    I follow, flw me back pls http://beautyunearthly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete