Thursday, April 18, 2013

It will make or break him so he's got to buy the best, Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion.

Clothes are a way of life.  I discovered the other day, in the land of supermarket, the necessity of stocking clothes is on par with the necessity of stocking baked beans and bread.  People NEED clothes,  therefore, people NEED fashion.  As the Kinks so kindly note, they can literally make or break you.  THEY CAN!

With the sun ever so slightly peeping through the clouds, it has set me thinking into what trends of SS13 I will be sporting and which I will be chucking into the dust bin, so here we go.

Monochrome Checks

I love check.  I feel seven years old again, running around the school field in a check summer dress and matching ankle socks, only with much more attitude about my persona and teamed with some killer heels!  



Striped Skinny Trousers

What is it with striped trousers, seriously.  They made an appearance last year when girls of all ages ran round desperately trying to re-enact beetle juice.  I am not digging it ladies.

Split side skirt

So sexy, and yet so sophisticated, everything you need.  SS13 is all about flashing a bit of leg.


Bomber Jackets

I LOVE A BOMBER JACKET.  Whether they be the simplistic/sporty design of Stella McCartney and Chanel or the slightly more eccentric designs of Loewe, a bomber jacket is perfect for chilly Spring evenings.  

Neon 

Okay I get it, neon was huge in the 80's/90's, but come on it is hideous.  You could take the most beautiful item, make it neon green and it automatically becomes disgusting.  I am no neon punk.

1 comment: