Friday, April 3, 2015

I was feeling insecure, you might not love me anymore...




It's not often I find a book I can't put down, like literally cannot put down.  Having studied English Literature at A-Level and never finishing an entire book (come on, although considered a great Tess of the D'Urbevilles...no thank you!) this for me is a rarity.  It's not that I don't like to read, because I do, I adore it, there's just never a book I get so lost in I forget what day, month and in this instance decade it is.

I'm sure i've mentioned before I am a huge Beatles fanatic, no? I know I have!  As far as I'm concerned the 60's is where it's at and I have definitely been born in the wrong era, so you can imagine my excitement when I unwrapped 'John' by Cynthia Lennon this Christmas.

'John' is taking me on a compelling journey through the life of John Lennon and his first love Cynthia Powell, through the eyes of Cynthia herself.  Love, loss, and a first hand experience of Beatlemania (which FYI I think I have) I'm learning things I never knew about the swinging sixties and how the fab fours life was changed dramatically as they hit the 'topper most of the popper most' (thank you John Lennon) and the effects it had on their personal life.  As biographies go, this is top two, okay top one.

x



2 comments: