Sunday, September 29, 2013

I want to wake up in a city that doesn't sleep...

I have got to get in to the swing of this, it's been over a month since my last post.  I am such a disappointment. 

New York was incredible.  It's a city like no other, it literally doesn't sleep, now I fully understand the realism behind the lyrics.  I did everything one should do!  I took the Staten Island ferry to get a great view of the island and statue of Liberty, crossed Brooklyn Bridge, twice, visited Ground Zero, which was especially emotional due to the time of year, hit time square and did some serious Macy's browsing, I only bought one pair of shoes...until next time Macy's,bagged myself a beautiful red Fred Perry polo shirt from Century 21, with a price I simply couldn't refuse.  I was also lucky enough to arrive in New York on my 20th birthday to a surprise birthday meal with some of my favorite people!  Best surprise ever!

 A birthday catch up with my favourite designer Danilo Gabrielli.


My beautiful birthday cake, saying 'Happy Birthday Megan'...and chocolate, my fave!

The highlight of the trip for me had to be visiting the Dakota Apartment building and Strawberry fields in Central Park.  As an avid beatle-maniac I was stunned into silence at seeing the Dakota building in real life, I was literally speechless, the emotion that surrounded the area is spectacular. 

The statue of liberty, in case you didn't realise.

Yellow taxi YAY!


A memorial to all those who lost their lives during 9/11.

 Outside the Dakota Building, the exact spot John Lennon was shot and lost his life.


An 'Imagine' mural dedicated to John Lennon at Strawberry Fields, New York.

At the mural dedicated to John Lennon at Strawberry Fields, Central Park

Working at Nolcha Fashion Week: New York presented by Rusk hair care opened my eyes to what the future holds for me.  For those of you who don't know, Nolcha Fashion Week is a leading award winning event for independent fashion designers to showcase their collections to a global audience of press, retailers, stylists and industry influencers. 




This season was the largest yet, with five runway shows showcasing 17 designers and a special one off Project Subway show.  The designers showcased their SS14 collections and I was exceptionally lucky to have the best seat in the house for each show to snap lots of fantastic pics!  I was also extra lucky to be able to nip backstage and have a sneak peak of the beautiful collections before they hit the runway, extremely privileged.

Being part of the Nolcha Fashion Week team I was part of the action from start to finish, from make-up and hair trials to sweeping up at the end of the day, I would not have changed a second of it.  


Trialing the 'Curl Freak' look for the evening shows.  What do you think?  Rather early Kelly Osbourne if I say so myself.

I also got the chance to hang out with my favourite designer after his show stunned the Nolcha Fashion Week audience!

Lots of reviews of my favourite designers coming up!

I'm also lucky enough to be hitting Istanbul on Monday for a Harvey Nichols runway show...did I mention I loved my job?

12 comments:

  1. I am frequent visitor of your website as i love to read out the articles posted on your website. At the same time i request to post some great article on Best Schools In Dubai and similar as well. Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog posts as they are very creative and informative. Can i get something on MBBS Abroad Consultants in Haryana as well. Thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "
    We are the team from Tropika Club Magazine.

    Tropika Club Magazine is your leading online magazine for the discerning male and female Singaporean. We cover various topics of interest, ranging from beauty and vogue for her, and grooming and style for him, as well as city and destinations and top picks. To learn about Tropika Club's Search Directory for Beauty and Wellness Services, please click on this link

    Check out some of our articles below; they are a good read:

    1. 4 Signs that you are developing Hormonal Acne

    2.""Stress Turns Hair White,"" Discovered by Scientists (male)

    3. Singapore's Solidarity Budget for COVID-19 Explained

    4. How To Shave Your Bikini Line with these Easy Tips

    5.7 Things that can Influence your Breast Size "

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an interesting article here.I was searching for something like that for quite a long time and at last I have found it here. Valorant Phoenix Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article.
    Danny Zuko Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi , Thank you so much for writing such an informational blog. If you are Searching for latest Jackets, Coats and Vests, for more info click on given link-Mcr Black Parade Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site. Detroit Lions Varsity Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a really great and useful piece of information. Thanks, and please keep up the rewarding work. Fallout 4 Maxson’s Battlecoat

    ReplyDelete